- Have every team member at practice
- Have your drummer at practice
- Bring a water bottle to carry in the boat during practice
- Wear work out type clothes that can get wet
- Wear light weight shoes / water shoes / sandals
- Protect your glasses from going overboard. Secure them with a lanyard.
- Don’t wear your favorite hat.
- Be hydrated – hydration starts the day before
- Arrive early – have your team arrive 15-20 minutes early
Extra practices in addition to those included in registration are available for purchase for $120/session in the Shop.
Purchased additional practice sessions include coach/steer.
- At your team tent have your seating chart filled out and displayed.
- Paddlers should know their seat number.
- What is marshalling? Marshalling is the area teams gather with other teams just prior to their racing heat. There will be a staff member in the marshalling area to confirm that the correct teams are present and to give direction.
- You will be called to marshalling 30 minutes before your race start time.
- Listen to the announcer for your team’s call to marshalling. Race times can (and often do) change from the time posted on race schedule.
- At the dock – loading – Listen for instructions. The steers or dock help will guide your team on the safest way to load into the boat by calling your team out by seat numbers. Paddlers should know their seat number.
- Unloading – after the race, once returned to the dock, wait to be unloaded. Again – paddlers will be unloaded by seat number. Drummers load last and unload first. (After the first round of racing everyone understands “the drill” for loading and unloading. Please, brief your crew, so the first round can run as smooth as possible.)